This effort will focus on bringing a collective effort to exploring the connections and alignment opportunities between our COVID response and recovery and climate actions that can and should be advanced as part of that effort. The decisions made within our governments will have a huge impact on determining our success on advancing our low carbon transformation. How can we work collectively to be able to advance climate actions that will also be able to help us manage and recover from COVID impacts and risks?
This powerpoint presentation will serve as a starting point to document the discussions and resources associated with this effort. Please provide any input to other suggestions for how we track and advance this work. Additional input and resources to add, please, please, pretty please to firstname.lastname@example.org
The hoped for outcomes of this effort include (but are not limited to):
- Ensuring that a sustainability/climate lens is applied to municipal COVID Response and Recovery Plans;
- Supporting and enabling municipalities to apply a sustainability/climate lens to their municipal COVID Response and Recovery Plans; and
- Gaining support from municipal councils to communicate to other levels of government on a Post COVID Economic Strategy that advances climate efforts.
Based on feedback thus far CAP will facilitate the collective efforts to explore different priority action areas included (but not limited to):
- Public Transit
- Road Space Reallocation to enable Physical Distancing Requirements
- Green Space Use and Allocations
- Active and Micro Mobility Opportunities
- Mitigation and Resilience Building Retrofits and Economic and Labour Benefits
- Food Security, Urban Agriculture and Community Garden Efforts
- COVID and Climate Adaptation Alignment
- Zero Waste and Waste Management
- Addressing COVID Recovery efforts that undermine climate goal