Each time new fossil fuel infrastructure is brought into a new development we move further away from our climate commitments and increase the risk of stranded assets. This webinar introduce the TAF funded Low Carbon Energy Planning in New Developments project and John Rathco from Rathco Engineering to the CAC network to speak to the question: If not fossil fuels, then what non fossil fuel opportunities exist to meet the energy needs of new residential developments, what are the pros and cons of different options, which make more sense than others for different development archetypes and why? This project will result in 8 low carbon business cases, explore the issues that will need to be addressed to create a level playing field between status quo fossil fuel based energy planning and a low carbon or fossil fuel free energy system.
- Low Carbon Energy Planning in New Developments Project Intro
- PDF of John Rathco’s Presentation Slides
- Low Carbon Energy Systems 101, Full Webinar Recording (1 hour and 50minutes)
- Low Carbon Energy Systems 101, Abridged Recording (about 45 minutes)
- Low Carbon Energy Systems 101, District Energy States of Evolution (15 minutes)