Planning and Development
The following are key points for consideration with respect to this report:
- The Stewarttown Secondary Plan project commenced in April of 2022 following the selection of a Project Consultant.
- A virtual tour and accompanying survey was posted on the Let’s Talk Halton Hills project page, created for the project in June of this year.
- The project now sits in Phase 2 of a four phase process.
- A Public Consultation and Engagement Plan, and Background Report have been prepared by the Project Consultant as part of Phase 1. The Background Report is expected to be finalized and posted for public viewing shortly.
- A Public Open House was held virtually on October 27 of this year, where the public had the opportunity to provide input and ask questions.
- Technical Advisory and Steering Committees have been established and met virtually to discuss the project’s progress and provide input to help guide the process.
- This report is administrative in nature and does not directly impact or address climate change and the Town’s Net Zero target.
- Town Planning Staff along with the consultant will continue to engage with the Town’s Climate Change team throughout the Secondary Plan process regarding the inclusion of appropriate climate change policies.
- New development will be subject to the Town’s updated Green Development Standards.