Environment, Infrastructure and Community Services
- The City requested a Class A Cost Estimate to be prepared by a third-party Quantity Surveyor.
- The table below shows the change to the Total Project Cost based on the Class A cost estimates completed over the last three years.
- The most recent update has increased the construction cost to $29 million, including soft costs, and project contingency total project cost is estimated at $32.3 million (including the parks revitalization component).
- This is an increase of 29% from the Class A, in 2020 or $7.2 million.
- Staff have worked with the design team to reduce the emissions produced by the facility to align with both the Climate Emergency Declaration and the Corporate Energy and Emissions Management Plan.
- The design also incorporates improved accessibility and inclusivity to align with the needs of our community.
- The following table provides the change to the GHG (T) Annual Emissions as a result of the revitalization to the Skyway Community Centre.
- This is obtained in the current energy modeling based on the same operating hours as previously held at Skyway Arena, square footage and HVAC selection.