Roads, Parks and Forestry
- In order to comply with Procurement By-law 04-2022, Section 22.1, Council approval is required for non-competitive procurement with a value greater than $100,000.
- The purpose of this report is to seek approval to proceed with a single source purchase agreement for one (1) 15-inch drum brush chipper to replace an existing unit and one (1) 9-inch disc brush chipper to support the three-person forestry crew that was approved through the 2021 operating budget (2021-076).
- In addition, staff are seeking approval to standardize the brush chippers used in the roads, parks and forestry department to improve safety of operations.
- Both chippers come with Kohler Tier 4 engines with advanced fuel injection systems that significantly reduces fuel consumption.
- The 15-inch drum chipper is also designed to run at lower RPMS (Rotations Per Minute) thus reducing fuel consumption and wear.