- To present study progress, as completed to-date
- To present an overview of the inputs that have influenced the preparation of the recommended network solution
- To present the rationale for the preferred network solution
- To describe the next steps in the project and timeline for completion
- In accordance with A Place to Grow, Growth Plan for the Greater Golden Horseshoe (2019), planning in Burlington must consider the guiding principles outlined in the Growth Plan to “integrate climate change considerations into planning and managing growth such as planning for more resilient communities and infrastructure – that are adaptive to the impacts of a changing climate – and moving towards environmentally sustainable communities by incorporating approaches to reduce greenhouse gas emissions” (Growth Plan 2020, s.1.2.1).
- This report recommends endorsement of a preferred solution that supports a shift toward sustainable modes of transportation and a reduction in auto mode share.
- The lens of sustainability has been applied throughout the development of the IMP with an emphasis on increasing the people-carrying capacity of our mobility network through increased use of transit and active transportation to accommodate daily trip making.
- The preferred solution, as presented, aims to reduce auto mode share and the associated impacts of greenhouse gas emissions from the transportation sector.