Recreation and Parks
The following are key points for consideration with respect to this report:
- Credit Valley Conservation (CVC) and Ministry of the Environment, Conservationand Parks (MECP) permits have been received for the construction of the Hungry Hollow Trail from West Branch Drive Park to Downtown Georgetown.
- The Town issued Request for Tender T-068-21 for the construction of the first of two phases of construction.
- Time is of the essence for construction as all permits for the Hungry Hollow Trail Expansion Phase 1 have been obtained and construction timing windows restrict some activities so they do not impact endangered species.
- Staff recommend the award of the tender to Terrain Landscapes Inc. as the project is within the approved capital budget.
- This report impacts and/or helps address climate change and the Town’s Net Zero target through climate mitigation.
- Providing additional trail linkages encourages residents to increase active transportation and reduce reliance on automobiles for travelling to destinations.